For the bakery industry, we produce several types of food-grade disodium pyrophosphate, which is used as an acidifier in bread baking powders, where it reacts with sodium bicarbonate to release carbon dioxide. We produce the product at several reaction speeds to control the evolution of carbon dioxide during dough preparation and baking. Other useful features of this product include improved texture and overall sensory properties of bakery products. The flexibility of our production allows us to modify our products according to the individual wishes of the customer.
- desired volume development based on well controlled CO2 release
- increased tolerance to temperature deviation and process modifications
- improved final product appearance – texture, grain, firmness, tenderness
- improved palatability and moisture retention
- consistent parameters of final product
- viscosity control of batter or dough
- pH control
- crumb colour control
- increased formulation tolerance over yeast products
- increased shelf life
|Product||Name||Application||P2O5 content (%)||pH (1% solution)||Made in Germany||Made in Czech||More information|
|SAPP 22, 15, 10||Disodium Pyrophosphate 22||Slow action – commonly used in the delayed leavening , especially in chilled dough||63 – 64.5||3,7 – 5,0||✓|
|SAPP 40||Disodium Pyrophosphate 40||Very fast reaction – used when rapid CO2 release is required, suitable for cakes and donuts||63-64.5||3,7-5,1||✓||✓|
|SAPP 28||Disodium Pyrophosphate 28||Middle acting – widely used in both household and commercial baking powders either alone or in combination with calcium based phosphates||63 – 64.5||3,7 – 5,0||✓||✓|
- cake and sponge products
- cookies and biscuits
- crackers and snacks
- pancakes and waffles
- tortillas and pizza
- dry mixes
- dough conditioners
- flour improvers
Food Grade Phosphates produced by Fosfa are extremely pure in terms of content of heavy metals and other impurities that usually come from raw materials.
The contents of these elements in such products are controlled by strict European legislation. In our products, however, their real contents are even much lower than the limits required by the legislation. Our phosphates owe such superior quality in particular to the level of purity of our Phosporic Acid the key raw material from which they are all produced. This level of excellence we could have achieved only thanks to the thermal method we employ in its production.
The advantages of thermal process
- Low content of heavy metals
- Quality in line with all applicable EU legislation
Thermal process = Eco friendly process
- Minimum amount of waste during production
- Emphasis on acid purity
We are certified for:
- FSSC 22000 (Food safety)
- ISO 9001 (Quality management)
- ISO 14001 (Environmental management)
- ISO 45001 (Occupational health and safety management)
- ISO 50001 (Energy management)
- AEO-C (Authorised Economic Operator)
Our food grade phosphates are allergen free, GMO free, BSE/TSE free.
Please contact our sales representative.