Integrated management system policy
Founded in 1884, Fosfa a.s is an industrial company with its head offices located in Breclav-Poštorná. The main activities include the production of phosphoric acid, food additives (phosphates), detergents and generation of electricity.
Fosfa a.s. management has decided, in the interest of improving the level of quality, safety of food products and consumer products, health and safety standards in the workplace as well as the environmental protection, to issue the following declaration in accordance with the strategic goals and objectives.
We commit to:
- provide all customers products with agreed quality and long-term mutually beneficial business partnership,
- strive to increase efficiency of processes in the organization, maintain and enhance the competence of our employees,
- develop cooperation with public (state) authorities (administration), experts and other stakeholders in order to be in full compliance with applicable technical and legal standards and regulations,
- effectively manage processes and by means of continuous control activities to improve the quality of our own processes, products and established quality management system.
We commit to:
- comply with all relevant laws and other regulations in the environmental area that relate to the company or the company is committed to them,
- operate our facilities and technology in accordance with environmental protection and replacing non-compliant equipment with new ones,
- systematically educate and train our employees, consistently lead them to protect the environment and teach them to prevent emergency situations,
- protect natural resources by recycling waste and by efficient use of energy, maximize the use of non-waste technology, to set environmental goals and fulfil them,
- continuously improve our environmental management system and carry out preventive actions to protect the environment.
Food syfety and consumer products policy
We commit to:
- comply with all relevant laws and other regulations in the area of food safety and the safety of consumer goods that relate to the company, or the company is committed to them,
- ensure the rights of consumers and place only safe products on the market,
- systematically educate and train our employees in food safety and consumer product safety, and consistently lead them to follow the hygienic rules.,
- develop cooperation and communication with the public authorities, experts, suppliers and contractors, customers and other stakeholders to ensure the safety of our products, responsibility for the safety of food and consumer goods to our customers.
Occupational health and safety policy (OSH)
We commit to:
- create and apply safety standards, to ensure healthy and safe working environment and to take measures that will prevent and eliminate risks and avoid accidents and damage to the health of employees,
- comply with all applicable laws and regulations in the field of occupational safety and health, which the company is subject to, or committed to,
- focus on preventing all accidents, possible accidents, working accidents and situations that could have a negative impact on employees' life and health,
- enforce work health and safety regulations when working with our contractors and prioritize contractors, who apply the same principles,
- improve, in cooperation with workers' representatives for occupational health and safety, activities undertaken and working conditions of our employees to minimize their negative impact on health and safety at work,
- educate our employees to increase their expertise, motivation and responsibilities in relation to ensuring safety and health during working process,
- provide resources for safety management and create conditions allowing the promotion and compliance of declared OSH policy and set targets and regularly review the appropriateness and adequacy of OSH policy.
Major-accident prevention policy
- management of Fosfa a.s. in the course of it‘s business activities, devotes considerable attention to the prevention of major industrial accidents in connection with the handling, transport and processing of dangerous substances within the company,
- compliance with the requirements of the Act No. 224/2015 Sb., on prevention of major accidents, is considered binding by the management of the company and fulfilment of all requirements is a priority for the company,
- the company integrated the prevention of major accidents into an already established, certified system according to the requirements of ISO standards. At the same time, conditions have been created for proper functionality and maintenance of the entire system,
- prevention of major industrial accidents is incorporated into existing processes. Safety requirements are integrated into all stages from the beginning of procurement throughout the technical life of equipment (design, construction, operation). This ensures continuous control and permanent reduction of the risk of major accidents at all levels of control,
- the potential impacts on the company employees and residents living in the vicinity of the company are minimal,
- the individual targets and principles for the major-accident prevention are described in the document B-BZ-3220-401. Targets, including deadlines, are reviewed at least once a year during the review of management systems,
- the company will continuously monitor sources of danger, accident and accident risks, Fosfa a.s. provide the competent authorities with information on hazardous substances,
- processes, facilities and steps to reduce risk and consequences. People living in the vicinity of the company should be adequately informed about precautionary action in the event of a major accident.
In the context of energy policy and all associated requirements for sustainable production, the management of Fosfa a.s. committed itself to continuous improvement in energy performance and energy management system.
Implementation of energy policy is realized by introducing energy management system according to ISO 50001 with these key points:
- to commit to ensuring the availability of information and all the resources necessary for achieving the objectives and targets,
- to commit to compliance with all applicable legal requirements and additional requirements related to the use of energy and energy efficiency,
- to support the purchase of energy-efficient products and services,
- to provide effective aid, information, finances etc. for training the employees to achieve a successful fulfilment of Energy policy,
- to collect systematic data and analyse energy consumption,
- to regularly review energy efficiency and energy savings,
- to regularly test the effectiveness of the energy management system through an internal audits,
- to fulfil all applicable requirements related to the energy aspects, requirements of legislation and requirements accepted by the organization,
We are aware that a consistent high quality can only be achieved if we work as a team and if we follow all rules of the integrated management system (IMS). We declare that will ensure a high level of quality and safety of our products and also ensure the safety and health of our employees at work and protect the environment.
Following standards are implemented in Fosfa a.s as a part of the integrated management system: ISO 9001, ISO 22000, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001, ISO 50001 SEDEX, A.I.S.E, BRC Food Safety, Halal assurance system and Kosher.